We are committed to providing a high-quality service to our clients and to dealing with everyone fairly and equally. We understand that we may not always get it right and when something does go wrong we would like you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. We will respond to any concerns you may have and do everything we can to resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently.

If you are unhappy with the service you are receiving your case handler will forward to you a copy of our complaints procedure

What will happen next?

  • We will acknowledge your complaint, either by telephone, email or in writing within 2 working days of receipt;
  • Your complaint will be reviewed by someone not involved in the original matter which led to the complaint. This will normally be a Team Leader or Business Unit Director;
  • We may need to carry out a detailed review of your case, which might involve us having to ask you for additional information;
  • We will provide you with our final decision within 28 days of receipt of your complaint.

If you are not satisfied with our final decision you may refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. Details of how to contact the Legal Ombudsman are provided below.

How to contact the Legal Ombudsman

A complaint to the Legal Ombudsman may only be made after Keoghs’ internal complaints process has been exhausted (except in the unlikely event that we do not resolve your complaint within 8 weeks). A complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must be made within six months of the date of our final decision, and in addition, within either) six years from the date of the relevant act or omission; or ii) three years from when you should have known about the complaint.

You can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:

Post: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Telephone: 0300 555 0333

Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk

Further information may be found at legalombudsman.org.uk

Please note that not all clients or complainants will be entitled to have their complaint considered by the Legal Ombudsman, as the service is only available to members of the public, small businesses, charities, clubs and trusts. If you are in any doubt please contact the Legal Ombudsman direct using the contact details provided.

Alternative complaint mediation bodies exist who are competent to deal with complaints about legal services. One alternative complaint mediation provider is Small Claims Mediation. Their website address is: www.small-claims-mediation.co.uk. However, in order to refer a complaint to an alternative mediation provider, both parties must agree to use such a scheme.

Next steps

Deeds. Done.

If you require more information or a detailed quote, please fill in the details and a member of our team will be in touch.